ATBC – Asia Pacific Chapter Annual Meeting 2013
The 2013 Annual Meeting of the ATBC Asia-Pacific Chapter will be held at Banda Aceh, Sumatra, from 18-22 March. The meeting will be organized by the Government of Aceh, University of Syiah Kuala, Strategic Resources Institute, and Fauna & Flora International (FFI). ATBC has an active Asia Chapter that has met previously in Xishuangbanna, China in 2012, Bangkok, Thailand in 2011, Bali, Indonesia (with the main ATBC meeting), in 2010, Chiang Mai, Thailand, in 2009, Kuching, Malaysia, in 2008 and Mahabalipuram, India, in2007. The 2013 conference will bring together researchers, students, biodiversity specialists, conservation practitioners, policy makers, universities, government agencies and non-government organizations from around the Asia-Pacific region under the overall theme of:
‘Linking biodiversity science to policy and conservation action‘.
The Annual Meeting of the ATBC Asia Pacific Chapter will be held between 18 to 22 March 2013 Hermes Palace Hotel, Banda Aceh, Sumatra, Indonesia.
NEW: Up load your presentations here. [Meeting registration opening mid-October]
Overview [pdf] –
Program – Print [pdf] – Online [pdf]
|Country with Low Income
worker, researcher, govt official)
|Country with High Income|
|ATBC Member||Before 31 Dec 2012||$US 150||$US 250|
|After 31 Dec 2012||$US 200||$US 300|
|Non Member||Before 31 Dec 2012||$US 175||$US 295|
|After 31 Dec 2012||$US 225||$US 345|
|Accompanying Guest||$US 120||$US 120|
* Fee includes shared accommodation, conference materials; lunch, dinner and coffee breaks; and transport to and from Banda Aceh Airport. Post-conference field trips will be charged separately.
- Refund policy :
100% refund up to January 31st 2012;80% refund up to Feb 28th 2013 (100% refund for participants who request and are not allocated an Oral presentation);
0% refund after February 28th 2013.
Students from Country with Low Income, delivering oral presentation, funding for the registration fee and accommodation may apply for fellowships from the meeting organizers. Preference will be give to those attending workshops and for those presenting their thesis research results. If you need further support for your travel costs please contact your country representative for advice (information on the ATBC website AP chapter page)
List of High Income countries according to the World Bank:
Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Australia, Austria, The Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Brunei, Canada, Cayman Islands, Jersey Guernsey Channel Islands, Croatia, Curaçao, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Equatorial Guinea, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, French Polynesia, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Guam, Hong Kong SAR, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Japan, Rep. Korea, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macao SAR, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sint Maarten, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Martin, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Virgin Islands (U.S.).
Registration fee includes single bed in twin-share accommodation, registrants to indicate preferred roommate. Single room fee $50/night.
Instructions for Presenters
- Talk will be of 15 min plus 5 min for questions
- Posters should be of A0 size portrait
- Invitation letters
Invitation letters will be issued by the Government of Aceh. Tourist visa on arrival is now available. Informaton will be provided.
- 30-day Visa Free Facility
The citizens of countries whose governments offer visa-free facility to Indonesians as well, will continue to enjoy visa-free stays. The 11 countries that are granted the 30-day visa-free facility are: Brunei Darussalam, Chile, Hongkong & Macao Special Administrative Regions, Malaysia, Morocco, Peru, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.
- 30-day Visa-On-Arrival – costs US$25 (need proof of departure from Indonesia within 30 days, and a passport photo).
The nationals of 64 countries will be able to apply for a visa-on-arrival valid for 30 days in Indonesia. The countries are: Algeria, the Arab Emirates, Argentina, Austria, Australia, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Lao PDR, Latvia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Maldives, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Poland, Portugal, Oman, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Suriname, Taiwan, Timor Leste, Tunesia, United Kingdom and United States.
Flights and hotel bookings
- Hermes Palace will transfer all hotel guests from airport. “The co-hosts will be waiting to meet you at the airport and will provide extra transportation to Hermes”.
An airport taxi will cost IDR70,000 (approximately USD7.5). You can only pay in Indonesian Rupiah and there is no taxi rank – all cars are private charter. However, an FFI-ATBC volunteer will be waiting at the airport to help with all transfers.
A local travel agent in Banda Aceh will be available for arranging flights, hotel bookings and field trips. Details to be posted here soon.
- Matthew Linkie, Fauna & Flora International, Aceh, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mochamad “Didi” Indrawan, Secretary of the Center for Biodiversity Strategies, University of Indonesia, email@example.com
- Antony Lynam, Secretary, ATBC Asia Chapter, and Wildlife Conservation Society, Asia Program,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tommaso Savini (Chair), Conservation Ecology Program, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi, Thailand email@example.com
- George A. Gale, Conservation Ecology Program, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi, Thailand, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Timothy Trevor Caughlin, University of Florida, USA, Trevor.email@example.com